Sunday, April 21, 2013

ROCK 'N' ROLL RUNNING ISN'T EASY, BUT THE TROPHIES ARE WAY BETTER THAN MEDALS

Rock 'n' Roll Running Trophy
April 19-21, 2013
It's not always easy to keep pace with the rock 'n' roll running regiment.

Friday night was Colin Gawel's "Why Isn't Cheap Trick In The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame?" power pop protest at Kobo. Happy hour shows rock. Who cares if it's still light outside during the encore?

Saturday was the vinyl shopping orgy known as National Record Store Day.

Sunday was the breezy and hilly Hoover Hustle 10-Miler.

Tough schedule, but here's what the trophy includes.

One (1) "Why Isn't Cheap Trick In The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame?" T-Shirt

One (1) Hoover Hustle 10-Miler Long Sleeve Running Shirt

One (1) new Mike Cooley Too Pretty To Work 7-inch

One (1) used copy of James Taylor Mud Slide Slim (for my wife)

One (1) used copy of Tony Orlando & Dawn Greatest Hits (still in the plastic for my big boss)

One (1) used copy of The Beat Farmers Poor & Famous (for me)

One (1) used copy of The Section (with liner notes insert and giant poster still inside)

One (1) used copy of Jackson Browne Late For The Sky (for my wife and me)

One (1) used copy of Pablo Cruise A Place In The Sun and one (1) used copy of Pablo Cruise Worlds Away (for my wife and my buddy the G Man)

One (1) used copy of The Sound of Music Soundtrack and one (1) used copy of The Pink Panther Soundtrack (for "Musicals Scrabble" when my collegiate daughter visits)

One (1) used copy of Nancy Sinatra Country My Way (for the cover for me)

One (1) used copy of Carly Simon No Secrets (still in the plastic with the "Features You're So Vain Sticker" and for the cover for me)

One (1) used copy of Ron Wood(s) I've Got My Own Album To Do (for me)

One (1) used copy of The Marshall Tucker Band Greatest Hits (Can't cha see?)

And, in the National Record Store Day steal of the century from Elizabeth's Records for $1.60:

One (1) used copy of Johnny Cash At Folsom Prison and one (1) used copy of Mitch Miller and the Gang's Happy Times! Sing Along With Mitch (complete with three song sheets)

The total tab on this licorice pizza order? About $25 and $8 was on the Cooley Too Pretty To Work Record Store Day exclusive.

Thanks go to Colin Gawel & The Lonely Bones, Cheap Trick, Mark-O, Eich, Maddie, Kobo, Budweiser, Beth I Hear You Callin', India Oak, Ryan Bingham, Bunny Lebowski Wygle, The Favors, Twinks, Stork, Lost Weekend Records, Records Per Minute, Johnny Go's House of Music, Elizabeth's Records, Seventh Son Brewing, Natalie's Coal Fired Pizza, Four String Brewing, Gatorade, Maxwell House, Jackson Browne, Suzanne, ULTRA-Fit USA, Warren Zevon, my wife, Bell's, Susan, John, Sam Adams and Bud Light for making this weekend the exhilarating marathon that it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment